The VoterVoice system will automatically add the personalized smartlink to any call to action (a broadcast where you specify that the purpose is to drive your supporters to your action center). VoterVoice will place it at the bottom of your broadcast if you do not specify where you would like it placed. You can insert as many as you like wherever you like, but we suggest placing at least one toward the beginning and one toward the end of your email.
Inserting a Smartlink into Text
1. First, place your cursor in the text area where you want the link to appear.
2. Right below the message body, you'll see a drop-down that says: "Insert Action Center Link". Click on that drop-down; and because you're sending a call to action, the campaign you are driving people to should be the first one in the list. Go ahead and click on that. You do have the option to link to any other active action as well.
3. Then you'll see a pop-up that shows Link Destination and Link Text. Leave the destination as is, and put in the text as whatever you want (doesn't really matter, I used 'Take Action' in my example.) Then click "Insert."
The smartlink will appear in the text editor, and the language will be whatever you entered in the previous step. When your advocates click that link, they will come straight to the action you wish them to take, and the information you have on file for them will be prepopulated into the user profile. They can make any necessary edits from there.
Inserting a Smartlink Button
1. Insert a text link as shown above
2. Click inside the linked text and then on the image icon in the toolbar. This will allow you to insert an image within the text of the smartlink. Click on "Browse Server" to use any image you have already uploaded to the VoterVoice server or add a new image to use.
3. Your image should appear in the middle of the text link.
4. Simply delete the language to either side of the image, and you're left with the smartlink in a button!