People often receive over one hundred emails per day, so standing out from the crowd is growing more and more important. VoterVoice is the first and only advocacy provider to leverage the power of AI to help you ensure that your emails get through and get noticed.
What is Smart Check?
Smart Check helps you craft more impactful email broadcasts. Through data powered by billions of advocacy emails delivered over 20 years, this new addition to the Compose Page provides real time suggestions based on the content you write in your email.
We know what makes an impactful email broadcast, especially a call to action. We’re utilizing our data science driven analysis to power an "assistant" within our Broadcasts tool so that we can dynamically make suggestions based on the content you create. This helps you craft better broadcasts with higher open and action rates.
How does it help?
Let’s say you're crafting a call to action to drive your advocates to oppose the latest regulation on short term rental owners. You wrote lots of detail on why you need advocates to take action in your alert, and you get to the Compose page of the Broadcasts tool. You place the link to the campaign in 3 or 4 places and add in some language to get members' attention.
Smart Check takes a look at the subject line and message body to make a few suggestions. For example:
- Use a shorter subject line, like this: "XXX" (shorter subject lines get better action rates)
- Avoid all caps (STAND WITH US, too many all caps words in a row trigger spam filters)
- Do not place the link to take action in more than once or twice (including the action link too many times can distract advocates and make them unsure of where to go in order to act)
As you makes these edits, the suggestions disappear. You've now improved the potential action rate and open rate of your email by following best practices!
What causes a Smart Check to appear?
The following conditions prompt a Smart Check suggestion to appear:
- Subject line too long (subject line over 45 characters)
- Don’t use all caps (more than 2 consecutive words in all caps)
- Too many action links (more than 2 links to the action included)
- Too many external links (more than 2 links to any external website included)
- Avoid spam keywords (more than 1 instance of spam phrases found)
- Call to action message too long (more than 500 words in the call to action email)
These take the form of a suggestion in the Smart Check panel, to the right of the main body of your broadcast (next to the styles). When you have a Smart Check suggestion to view, they will see a small yellow dot to the left of the Smart Check label.
Q: Do I have to do anything about the suggestions from Smart Check?
A: No, you are not forced to actually accept or do anything about these suggestions. Though you should heed the suggestions to get better action rates, they’re purely optional. We do not prevent you from sending your broadcast if you don’t act on the suggestions.
Q: What if I don’t agree with the suggestion?
A: You can ignore it! These suggestions are not mandatory. We will be looking to client feedback to help us determine where suggestions may be coming up too frequently or not enough as well to improve our suggestions in the future.
Article is closed for comments.