Here is a full list of tool-specific links you can use to direct to different parts of the VoterVoice content. If you use the wrapper page, these will be the URLs shown to the users. If you use the plugin, these links will all redirect to your action center and display only the content requested by the link.
Note that "GROUPNAME" in the links below would be the abbreviation of your association's name used in the VoteVoice system. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't know what that is.
Main Landing Page
- This is the main VoterVoice link that most groups publish on their website. If you have any campaigns running, they are listed at the top of the content section. This link also includes interior links to the Legislator Look-Up and the New User Sign Up. Essentially, it combines the next four links into one.
- If there is one campaign running, this link becomes that one campaign. If you have multiple campaigns running, it's an 'Active Issues' page which displays all of your currently running campaigns. If you have no campaigns running, the user sees a message that there are no issues.
- This link allows anyone to look up their officials based on their address.
New User Sign Up
- This allows new users to register to receive emails from your group. If you already have your own sign-up form feeding people to your internal database and you perform updates to VoterVoice through the upload tool, the API, or another database integration, there’s no need to publish this link.
- This link displays a listing of all your organization’s active petitions. If there is only one, then the listing becomes the text of that one petition.
- This is an archive of all of your previously sent newsletters. This only archives newsletters that were sent through the VoterVoice system and does not include informational or call to action emails. You can choose which newsletters you want to show up in the archive in Manage Broadcasts.
- The link allows your members to establish if they have a key contact relationship with an elected official. If you haven't setup the 'types' of key contact relationships you want in your system, you'll probably want to do that before you send people to this link. Please check out page 13 in the Users Manual for more info on key contacts.
- This link displays a listing of all your organization’s active surveys. Like the campaigns listing, what users see will depend upon the number of active surveys you have in your system.
- This is the link to the legislative vote scorecard you would create through the admin site. You probably do not want to publish this link until you have created the scorecard and made sure it looks like you want.
- This is probably a good link to publish right away. This shows bills that you have 'spotlighted' in the system, and it lets members look up bills.
- This link displays any events you’ve set up through the Events tool in the system.
- This link displays any blog posts you’ve created through the Blog tool in the system.
Candidates Look Up
- This is a great link to publish when an election is approaching. Your users can input their addresses to see a listing of all candidates, including incumbents and new candidates, for offices in their jurisdictions.
- This link allows your users to automatically fill out a voter registration pdf for them to print out and mail in to their Secretary of State.
Displaying the Links
Your web person can add any of the links described above to your website. The advantage of doing that is to ensure that a user who follows a link to a particular action can also see the ability to navigate to other important parts of the VoterVoice software. The most common methods for displaying the links are as follows:
Buttons within the Content Area
While links in the menu and sidebar are usually handled automatically within your CMS, you may not have an option to add buttons easily. If you need the HTML for for the buttons, please email email@example.com.
If you are using the wrapper page instead of the plugin, VoterVoice can add buttons to the page we are hosting. If you would like that, please let us know which links to use and what you want each button to say.