It may occasionally happen that someone will have multiple records in your database - one registered (active) record and one or more uploaded (inactive) records.
There are two possible ways for this to occur:
- Scenario 1
- John Smith (who is not in your database) comes to your Action Center on his own and takes action on a campaign.
- In doing so, he is added to your database as a new record without a contact ID.
- You then add John Smith to your in-house database.
- Later, you perform a mass update to the VoterVoice database using contact ID as the unique identifier.
- A new record for John Smith is added since the one from your database has a contact ID and the existing record did not (and thus was not seen as a record to be updated).
- Scenario 2
- You upload a contact list that includes multiple records for Jane Doe, each with the same email address, but with different contact IDs from your in-house database.
- Jane takes action, causing one of those records to become registered.
In either of the scenarios above, VoterVoice is able to merge the uploaded (inactive) records with the registered (active) record. Just email email@example.com and let us know to do so. If you would like, we can even set up a regular merge every month or couple of months.